Vi. When the sun or a light shines, it gives out bright light. 发光
• It is a mild morning and the sun is shining.
Vi. Someone who shines at a skill or activity does it extremely well. 干得出色
• Did you shine at school?
Vi. Something that shines is very bright and clear because it is reflecting light. (因反光而) 发亮
• Her blue eyes shone and caught the light.
• ...a pair of patent leather shoes that shone like mirrors.
Vt. If you shine a flashlight or other light somewhere, you point it there, so that you can see something when it is dark. 用…照射
• One of the men shone a torch in his face.
• The man walked slowly toward her, shining the flashlight.
N-SING Something that has a shine is bright and clear because it is reflecting light. 光泽
• This gel gives a beautiful shine to the hair.